SolarBOS Inc. has received ETL certification for its arc fault detection (AFD) and arc fault circuit interruption (AFCI) string combiner products. The new AFD/AFCI products are intended to help meet 2011 and 2014 NEC 690.11 arc fault circuit protection requirements.
SolarBOS says its AFD products are UL-1699B certified for detection of both series and parallel arcs, while its AFCI products are listed for series arc interruption. The company says the products' key features include the following:
- ETL Listed to UL-1741, CSA C22.2 No. 29 and UL-1699B;
- Sized for 12 and 16 input circuits up to 250 amps;
- String level diagnostic resolution with indicating LEDs;
- AFCI combiners rated for 600 VDC (1,000 VDC pending);
- AFD combiners rated up to 1,000 VDC; and
- Configurations available for grounded, floating and bi-polar arrays.