Yingli To Supply 3 MW Demo Solar Project In China

Posted by SI Staff on July 17, 2014 No Comments
Categories : Projects & Contracts

Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. has announced it will supply 3 MW of solar PV modules to a distributed generation demonstration project in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province in eastern China.

The PV modules will be installed at the Wuhan Dongxihu Bonded Logistics Center, a large-scale distribution and import-export facility located in the city's bonded logistics zone. The project will consist of approximately 12,000 multicrystalline Yingli modules, which will be mounted on the rooftops of four separate warehouses, covering a total of 39,000 square meters.

Construction of the project will begin in September and is expected to be completed within five months. Once operational, 80% of the electricity generated by the project will be used by the logistics center, and the remaining 20% will be delivered to the municipal utility grid.

‘We are pleased to provide our solar modules to this important demonstration project in Hubei province,’ says Liansheng Miao, chairman and CEO of Yingli Green Energy. ‘Institutions throughout Hubei province's bonded logistic zone have transitioned to sustainable, low-carbon energy generation in recent years, and we are honored to once again supply an innovative PV project in this region.’

Leave a Comment