Atlanta-based SolAmerica Energy has completed seven new solar projects totaling 4.6 MW AC across several communities in south Georgia.
The ground-mounted projects, made of panels manufactured by Hanwha and REC, were developed and constructed to participate in Georgia Power’s Advanced Solar Initiative. In turn, Georgia Power will purchase the power and renewable energy credits generated by the projects under long-term agreements.
The completed projects are as follows:
- Baldwin County Solar Farm I in Milledgeville: 769 kW
- Baldwin County Solar Farm II in Milledgeville: 769 kW
- Brooks County Solar Farm in Quitman: 769 kW
- Evans County Solar Farm in Claxton: 385 kW
- Macon County Solar Farm in Oglethorpe: 769 kW
- Randolph County Solar Farm in Shellman: 385 kW
- Troup County Solar Farm in LaGrange: 769 kW
“We are excited to complete this latest round of projects with the Georgia Power team,” says George Mori, president of SolAmerica. “These distributed solar assets will continue to deliver benefits to our landowner partners and their local communities for many years while supplying energy to Georgia Power customers.”