Wisconsin Electric Power Co. (We Energies) has issued a request for proposals (RFP) for annual delivery of up to 150 GWh of renewable energy.
Any of the following products can qualify for the RFP:
- Renewable energy (energy plus all current and future associated renewable attributes, including renewable energy credits (RECs)),
- Wisconsin renewable portfolio standard (RPS) compliant renewable resource credits, or
- Michigan RPS-compliant RECs.
Renewable energy sources must qualify for one or more of the following:
- the current Wisconsin RPS,
- the current Michigan RPS, and/or
- any other governmental programs applicable to We Energies.
Sources include (but are not limited to) solar/PV, wind, biomass, hydroelectric and geothermal energy. All bidders are responsible for demonstrating that the energy sources and RECs comply with all siting, certification and tracking requirements as specified in Wisconsin and Michigan law. The renewable energy source must be able to do the following:
- receive authorization from the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin qualifying the facility as a renewable resource under Wisconsin statutes applicable toward compliance under Wisconsin's RPS; and
- deliver to and inject its energy into the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator (MISO) network; a Michigan RECs transaction must be able to receive the required certifications and/or approvals from the Michigan Public Service Commission.
Proposals will be accepted for terms of up to five years, expiring no later than Dec. 31, 2018. Proposals are due by March 8. More information is available here.