Econcern To Install 42 MW Of Solar Capacity In Italy

Sustainable energy company Econcern plans to install 42 MW of solar capacity in Puglia, located in southern Italy. The company will begin construction on seven 1 MW solar parks early in 2009, and the facilities are expected to be in operation by 2010. Ground-mounted, fixed-inclination crystalline solar panels will be used.

Once complete, these projects will add 15% to Italy's 280 MW solar power generation capacity currently installed, Econcern says. The company aims to increase its Italian solar assets portfolio to at least 50 MW and is currently reviewing other potential projects.

Econcern will own 51% of shares in the holding company of the developments, known as Project Trullo. The Ampere Equity Fund, an active investor in renewable energy projects, has acquired the remaining 49%.

SOURCE: Econcern

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here