GE Energy Financial Services is partnering with SunPower Corp. to provide financing for five California solar power projects totaling approximately 8 MW.
GE Energy Financial Services is acquiring a majority equity interest in the five solar photovoltaic projects, which SunPower will design, build, operate and maintain. GE Energy Financial Services will finance and own the systems under the SunPower Access power purchase agreement program.
The five solar projects are:
- Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc., Ontario, California: A 2.3 MW rooftop solar power system – the largest single-roof solar power installation in the U.S.;
- HP, San Diego: A 1 MW rooftop system serving an eight-building printing technology R&D facility;
- Agilent Technologies, Santa Rosa, Calif.: A 1 MW solar tracking system installed atop a canopy structure in the Agilent campus parking lot;
- Lake County, California: Ground-mounted solar systems at three sites, serving a correctional facility in Lakeport and two wastewater treatment plants in Lakeport and Clearlake, totaling 2.4 MW; and
- Rancho California Water District, Murrieta, Calif.: A 1 MW ground-mounted system, covering 10 acres.