The Principal Solar Institute is hosting a free webinar about foundation and structural considerations for ground-mount solar arrays on Dec. 17 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. EDT.
Solar foundations support as much as 50% of a facility's installed cost. Bob Donaldson, vice president and project manager of U.S. operations for AquaSoli LLC, will discuss how solar-specific geotechnical engineering reduces the risks of foundational failure.
Topics for the webinar will include the following:
- Vetting sites based on solar-specific geotechnical issues that impact production capacity, project cost and long-term performance risk;
- Executing a solar-specific geotechnical investigation in the project-planning stage as the basis for a more cost effective design;
- Combining site assessment, foundation load testing and foundation design into a single reliable and accountable deliverable;
- Reducing foundation failure risk, installer bids, change order claims and schedule delays with solar-specific site assessment and foundation design based on dense, high-accuracy analytical load testing;
- Leveraging the site-specific experience of the solar-specialized geotech into project-enhancing input on array layout, rack selection, site prep and civil design, bid packages, and foundation installation quality assurance/quality control; and
- Evaluating the latent risk of foundation failure in existing facilities and shovel-ready projects with solar-specific geotechnical design review and/or forensic site assessment.
For more information and to register for the webinar, click here.